Any parent would like to see their child rack up some achievements in school. While most parents aren’t the pressuring type on their children, still it can make them proud knowing their kids are doing well in their studies.
However, for first-time parents, the task can become daunting and taxing on their part. As such, aside from certain considerations into the experience and teaching styles, it’s best to look at some frequently asked questions (FAQs) related in this field.
So, let’s begin looking at the most common FAQs on tuition Singapore.
- How can a student request for a tutor?
- If they’re interested to hire a tutor from an agency, then they can try to reach out to them thru the following channels:
- Contact numbers
- Website (online chat)
- If you’ve decided to hire their services, then you can also register your request on their website.
- What are the usual operating hours of tuition agencies in Singapore?
- Weekdays (Mondays-Fridays): 9 am-9 pm (though this can vary among different agencies)
- Weekend (Saturdays only): 9 am-6 pm
- Usually they are closed on Sundays and public holidays
- Do the parents need to pay the agent fee when finding a tutor?
- Most tuition agencies do not pass this fee on to the parents. Instead, they let the tutor pay for the agent fee themselves.
- However, some agencies might require a 50% payment of the tuition fee on your first payment cycle
- How will you get updates on your tutor request?
- Depending on the agency, they can either contact you can contact them thru the following:
- Contact number
- Logging in to your profile at the agency’s website
- Talk with your coordinator
- What are the frequently used modes of payment?
- There are three major payment options that parents can choose to pay for the fees
- Credit card
- Bank transfer thru the internet
- However, prior to making the payment, wait for a payment invoice to be sent after the completion of the first lesson.
There are still other FAQs, however, the ones mentioned above are some of the most basic ones.